Thursday, January 20, 2011

a breath of fresh air

simple

uncomplicated 

design perfection...


Linnet, located in Kyoto, Japan is one of my 
favorite online shops to visit for inspiration. 
They have the most beautiful textiles...


"Linnet is a company that has been created by 
the fusion of different skills partly by architecture, 
and the other by art and design."



"The company was named after the bird's name 
who likes to eat flax seeds,
which is the law material of linen, 
as linen is our most favorite material."



 Linen. wool. organic cotton. cotton wool



muted palettes and gauzy fabrics


natural fibers


linen waffle


linen canvas



linen hand crochet and tweed




I'm sure you can see why it's one of my favorite places! 
Having purchased fabrics from Linnet, I can vouch for their 
prompt customer service and quick shipping. 
The prices are stated in yen, but there is a link on the site 
for currency exchange rates. 

enjoy!

19 comments:

Leslie Avon Miller said...

Yummy. Thank you!

Rhonda said...

Gorgeous fabrics, all the textures and colors.

Thank you for sharing!

Kim Palmer said...

Aren't the fabrics beautiful. Gotta LOVE linen!

mairedodd said...

wow - so beautiful and inviting... i could just slip into that room and never come out!

Becca said...

Ooo I love linen and all of those natural fabrics, so lovely to work with.

Alice said...

Lovely! But I think I would stay cuddled up all day and not get a lick of work done if I had linens like these. Thank you for sharing!!!

Lucky Dip Lisa said...

I love the reason behind the name! Beautiful photos and colours too.

stregata said...

Absolutely delicious! Thanks for sharing.

gerfiles said...

Ohoo, I have to go there soon...

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

I love your blog Lisa and everything you share here. I have made you a little something to thank you for my beautiful silk threads. It will be in the post on Monday my dear :o)

x

Barbara Lewis said...

What an ethereal place ... of this world yet not!

Mieke van Sambeeck said...

First time I see your blog, just georgeous, very inspiring al you yummy pieces and collection of EVERYTHING! WOW.........

Barry said...

L- very zen post - love it. B

Seth said...

You have captured the simplicity perfectly in these photos!

Caterina Giglio said...

oh thank you loves it and will check it out!!

Anonymous said...

what a wonderful site and such gorgeous fabrics! thank you so very much!!! i'm in love with that crocheted scarf right now -- it's still quite cold here and i think i need to learn to crochet to keep my neck warm.

all of the gorgeous textiles amke me drool. thank you so much for sharing -- i've never seen this site before.

ArtPropelled said...

I couldn't resist browsing from one end to the other. Did you click on buttons? Shell, horn, leather .... so divine!

Diana said...

Oh I so do love linen also and I love your neutral colors. I will have to check out this shop.
Tootles
Diana

.Trudi Sissons said...

Yummy is exactly the same word I thought of - just had a nice visit with you Lisa - love your style and taste! word verification = linsita....appropo?

NeoCounter